Eco-Neon signs as compared to traditional neon signs use low voltage LEDs to create the appearance of neon lighting—and comes with numerous benefits. Unlike traditional neon, Eco-Neon can be produced in almost any shape and can include color changing patterns, presenting zero design constraints. Manufactured from block acrylic, Eco-Neon provides a much sturdier alternative to traditional fragile glass neon and is virtually maintenance-free. Because the thermally managed LED’s generate negligible heat and run cool to the touch, it’s also safer and ideal for lower-level installations.
In line with The Firebolt Group’s sustainability efforts and goal to become carbon neutral by the year 2030, Eco-Neon has a lower cost of ownership over the life of a sign and has less of an impact on the environment when it is time to dispose of a sign. These signs have a rated service life of 50,000—100,000 hours, which equates to 11 years.
Additional Benefits of Eco-Neon Signage
- Eco-Neon signs are more cost-effective than traditional neon signage, both upfront and in the long term.
- Eco-Neon signs do not have the breakage potential of the glass tubing used in neon Signs and do not pose the same shock hazards as traditional neon.
- Shipping costs considerably less since less packaging is required. In addition to Eco-Neon signs being half the weight of comparable neon signs, a Eco-Neon sign box is just 4 inches deep vs a 10 inch box needed to ship neon signs. In addition, traditional neon sign boxes also require a lot of packing materials such as shock mounts, foam, and other non-recyclable materials to prevent breakage, which can triple the cost of packaging.
- Eco-Neon signs have zero breakage when compared to a 3—5% breakage rate of traditional neon signs when shipping.
- Eco-Neon signs do not use heavy metals or known Carcinogenic agents, in line with Firebolt’s core values focused on environmental sustainability. All components can be fully recycled and have second use capabilities.
- Firebolt Eco-Neon signs are LED-based which consume up to 70%—80% less in energy costs when compared to traditional neon signs of the same size.
What It Means For You
You can have confidence, knowing you are purchasing a sign that is safe for the environment and uses less energy than traditional neon signs.